Recording Date: April 15, 2010
Duration: 115 minutes
Self Study/Alternate Format CLE: Self-study credit may be available in AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, LA, ME, NV, NH, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV and WY for watching a video or listening to an audio recording. Refer to your state bar’s MCLE guidelines for the number of reportable credits permissible via these formats.
Purchase the teleconference Audio Package (includes MP3 audio recording files and handbook on CD). To order or learn more, click here, call 484-324-2755, or email email@example.com.
Attendees get the teleconference Audio Package for 50% off!
Agenda and Speakers
• Overview of the problem: What is sudden and unintended acceleration? How long has Toyota been aware of the problem?
• What is the defective product that is causing the alleged problem?
o Gas pedal malfunction
o electronic throttle malfunction
o Software problems
• The warnings
• Who knew what when?
• The company’s response over the years to complaints
• The role of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
• What are the causes of action?
• Diminished value and loss of use
• Punitive damages and criminal implications
• Update on class action filings and MDL
• Defense perspective
• Access to the information from the event data recorder
David Inscho, Esq., Kline & Specter PC, Philadelphia
Stephen Sheller, Esq., Sheller, P.C., Philadelphia
Jamie Sheller, Esq., Sheller, P.C., Philadelphia
Martha Wivell, Esq., Sheller, P.C., Philadelphia
Hike Heiskell, Esq., Bailey & Glasser, Charleston, WV