Emy R. Donavan
CUO, Cyber and Tech PI
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty
Global Managing Director
Kivu Consulting Inc.
Stuart A. Panensky
Traub Lieberman Straus & Shrewsberry LLP
Chief Innovation Officer and Head of Cyber
Oct. 10, 2017
Oct. 11-12, 2017
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
1700 Ocean Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90401
THIS PROGRAM IS SOLD OUT!
Superior Guest Room: $335-SOLD OUT*
Pacific Select Guest Room: $349-SOLD OUT*
*Hotel has limited room types available and will extend 10% discount to current hotel rate of any room type, while hotel inventory supply lasts.
Call Hotel reservations 888-332-0160, reference “NetDiligence-Cyber West.”
If you have any challenges, kindly reach out directly to Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel’s Revenue Manager, Jess Reichert by phone or email; 310-576-3179 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Santa Monica Alternate Accommodations
This event will be eligible for CLE
Conference Registration Rates
Go to our registration page for details
Send us an Email
Send us your idea
More to come. Would you like to sponsor one of our awesome events? Contact us today!
Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2017
1:30 pm | Arcadia Foyer
Registration for Workshops
2:30 – 4:30 pm
Law Firm Data Security:
Risks, Solutions, Law & Ethics
1 hour of CLE + 1 ethics credit*
- What are the unique risks facing law firms and their clients?
- What can we learn from past calamities?
- How can you shore up your security operation and infrastructure to reduce risk?
- What are your regulatory requirements and legal obligations?
- What are some best practices for remaining compliant?
- What do attorney ethics rules say about law firm data security and accidental disclosure?
* Subject to bar approval and compliance with state and local rules.
3:00 – 4:30 pm
Cyber Simulation: Experience the Breach During Our Tabletop Exercise
- An understanding of a more recent, and prevalent, cyber security threat.
- An overview of legal, compliance and response obligations.
- Strategies on dealing with hackers and media during a breach.
- How to mount a response and what services and products to include.
Jacqueline Spencer-Sim, Class Underwriter, Novae, moderator
Michael J. Waters, Shareholder, Vedder Price, moderator
Andrew Liuzzi, Edelman
Becky Pearson, Senior Vice President, Willis Towers Watson
Andy Obuchowski, Charles River Associates
Bruce Radke, Shareholder, Vedder Price
Brookes Taney, Vice President Data Breach Solutions, Epiq Systems
3:30 – 4:30 pm | Palisades BCD
Roundtable: Challenges of Underwriting
- What is the current process of gathering underwriting information, what are some of the challenges and why do they exist?
- Which technologies and automation tools are currently available which can assist the application and underwriting process?
- How can underwriters and brokers better incentivize the insureds to provide relevant underwriting information required to properly assess risk?
5:00 – 7:00 pm | Ocean Terrace
Sponsored by NetDiligence, AllClear ID, and Mullen Coughlin LLC
Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2017
8:30 – 8:45 am
Opening Remarks: Welcome!
8:45 – 9:45 am | Arcadia Ballroom
Claims and Losses Update: 2017 Trends
- A Review of the 2017 NetDiligence Cyber Claims Study
- Types of Claims Being Covered
- Examination of Cost
- Claims Notice and Claims Handling
Emy R. Donavan, Global Head, Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, Moderator
Mark Greisiger, President, NetDiligence
Chris Novak, Global Director, RISK Team, Verizon Enterprise Solutions
Tamara Ashjian, Claims Manager, NAS Insurance
Craig Linton, Claims Manager, Beazley
J. Bradley Vatrt, Assistant Vice President, AIG
John F. Mullen, Partner, Mullen Coughlin
9:45 – 10:45 am | Breakout A | Arcadia Ballroom
Business Interruption Coverage Issue
- How are Cyber and Business Interruption Policies Responding?
- Gaps in Property
- Gaps in Cyber
- Identifying and Quantifying the Risk: For the Client
- Identifying and Quantifying the Risk: For Insurance
- Proving the Loss: Uh Oh!
Bob Parisi, Managing Director, Marsh FINPRO, Moderator
Simon P. Oddy, Partner, RGL Forensics
Timothy Francis, VP Business Insurance, Management & Professional Liability & Enterprise Lead for Cyber Insurance, The Travelers Company, Inc.
Florence Levy, Senior Vice President, JLT Specialty USA
Mickey Estey, RT Specialty
9:45 – 10:45 am | Breakout B | Palisades BCD
Regulatory Update: Is the Link Between Data Loss & Fines Imposed Disengaged?
- State Attorneys General Update
- New York State Regulatory Update
- In the Realm of the “per se” Breach
Theodore P. Augustinos, Partner, Locke Lord, LLP. Moderator
Thomas Kang, Enterprise Cyber UW & Product Lead, The Hartford
Tamara R. Heller, U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
Brad Schuelke, Texas Attorney General’s Office
Ryan Kriger, Vermont Attorney General’s Office
9:45 – 10:45 am | Breakout C | Catalina Ballroom
Vendor Issues: Reviewing Contracts for the Risk manager
- What is at risk?
- The Legal Landscape
- Vendor Risks by Industry
- Vendor Contracts
- Vendor Management Post Contract
John Farley, Vice President, Cyber Risk Consulting Practice Leader, HUB International
Meghan Hannes, Product Manager, Axis Capital
Spencer Timmel, National Director of Cyber and Technology, Safety National
Scott N. Godes, Partner, Barnes and Thornburg, LLP
Javier Gonzalez, Partner & Executive VP of Sales, PL Risk Advisors
10:45 – 11:15 am
Sponsored by Markel Insurance Company
11:15 – 12:15 PM | Breakout A | Arcadia Ballroom
When Technology Fails:
Risk, Liability & Coverage for Tech E&O
- What is the Standard of Care in Tech E&O
- Theories of Liability and Theories Regarding Damages
- Underwriting Considerations
- Claims Handling
Stuart A. Panensky, Partner, Traub Lieberman Straus & Shrewsberry, LLP., Moderator
John Spiehs, Assistant Vice President, Axis Capital
Richard Sheridan, Chief Claims Officer, Berkley Cyber Risk Solutions
Tushar Nandwana, Risk Control Technology Segment Manager, OneBeacon Insurance
Peter Hedberg, NAS
11:15 am – 12:15 pm | Breakout B | Palisades BCD
Litigation Tips from the Trenches: A Focus on Settlement of Cybersecurity Class Actions and Regulatory Investigations
- Settlements in Cyber Security Litigation
- Class Action Settlements
- Regulatory Settlements
11:15 – 12:15 am | Breakout C | Catalina Ballroom
Security Monitoring and Failures
- How Security Monitoring Works
- Why Most Companies Fail to Detect Breaches
- Benefits and Challenges to Security Monitoring
- How to Determine if your Client is on the Ball
- Vetting What Clients are Telling you
- Focusing on the Right Activity
- What Logs are Telling you
- How Existing Solutions are being Applied in New Ways
Steven H. Anderson, Vice President, QBE North America
Manish Karir, Director, Cyber Solutions, FICO
Matthew H. Meade, Shareholder, Buchanan Ingersoll Rooney PC
Nikon Rasumov, Director of Product, Symantec Corporation
Jacob Dorval, RSA
12:15 – 1:30 pm | Arcadia Ballroom
Sponsored by Travelers
Ryan Specialty Group
Founder and former Chairman & CEO of AON Corp.
Ryan will discuss the constant flow of change in the insurance industry and the importance of anticipating and embracing change. Currently, one of the most dynamic parts of our industry is cyber risk, and it affects everyone. With Cyber in mind, Ryan will provide an overview of how the industry has adjusted to change historically, how change is driven by technology, and what the impact of cyber risk is to our industry.
1:30 – 2:30 pm
Ransomware: Loss Concerns, Response & Outlook
- What are the Loss Concerns of Ransomware? Privacy Breach, Network Damage, Business Continuity?
- What Should You Consider When Determining Your Response to Ransomware?
- When Should you Pay a Ransom?
- Is the Traditional Insurance Vendor Panel the Right Way to Respond to the Immediate Nature of Ransomware?
- Are Ransomware Claims Going to Grow in 2017? In Frequency or Individual Size of Loss?
Winston Krone, Kivu Consulting, Global Managing Director, Moderator
David Navetta, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright
Jeremy Gittler, Practice Leader and Head of Cyber Claims America, XL Catlin
Timothy Burke, Director of Cyber Risk, IMA, Inc
Michael Sohn, FBI
2:30 – 3:30 pm | Breakout A | Arcadia Ballroom
Breachless Claims Under Cyber Policies
- Liability Without Breach
- Improper Collection of Consumer Data
- Industries Most Susceptible
Laurie A. Kamaiko, Partner, Sedgwick, LLP, Moderator
Evan Fenaroli, Underwriting Manager, Philadelphia Insurance Companies
Chris Keegan, Senior Managing Director, Beecher Carlson
David Molitano, Senior Vice President, W.R. Berkley Corporation
Richard Mather, Allied World Insurance Company
2:30 – 3:30 pm | Breakout B | Palisades BCD
Medical Devices and the Internet of Things
- Vulnerabilities of Medical Devices
- Product Examples and History of Hacking
- FDA Guidance on Medical Device Cybersecurity
- Status of DHS Investigations into Suspected Cybersecurity Flaws in Medical Devices
- Health Industry Responds to Threats
- Litigation Review
Ernest F. Koschineg, Partner, Cirpriani & Werner, Moderator
Adam Cottini, Managing Director, Cyber Liability Practice, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Jason Maloni, President, JadeRoq, LLC.
Justin Weissert, Director of Proactive Services, CrowdStrike
Molly Wlodarczyk, Department of Health & Human Services
2:30 – 3:30 pm | Breakout C | Catalina Ballroom
GDPR: What it Means in Practice for EU Data Breaches
- GDPR & Privacy
- Security and Breach Notification
- Enforcement and Litigation
3:30 – 4:00 pm
Sponsored by Allianz
4:00 – 5:00 pm
Innovation in the Cyber Insurance Market
- Is the Cyber Market Innovative?
- Does the Cyber Market Need to be Innovative?
- What Challenges are there for Innovation?
- Are there Ways to speed innovation up?
- What Areas are Ripe for Change?
- What Will the Next Wave of Innovation Bring?
Dan Trueman, Chief Innovation Officer and Cyber Unit Head, Novae, Moderator
Nicholas Economidis, Underwriter, Beazley
Brad Gow, Sompo International
Theodore Kobus, Partner, Baker & Hostetler LLP
Brent Rieth, AON
5:00 – 6:30 pm | Ocean Terrace
Sponsored by Beazley
9:00 – 11:30 pm | Fireside Lounge
Post-Dinner Happy Hour!
Sponsored by K&H Integrity Communications
Thursday, Oct. 12, 2017
Sponsored by ID Experts
8:00 – 9:00 am
Threat Intelligence: Is there ROI?
- What is Threat Intelligence?
- What is the Tangible Value to Carriers and Enterprise?
- M&A Case Study
Vinny Sakore, Chief Technology Officer, NetDiligence, Moderator
Christian Lees, Chief Information Security Officer, InfoArmor
Daimon Geopfert, National Leader, Security and Privacy Consulting, RSM
Christopher Elisan, Principal Malware Scientist, RSA
Andy Sambandam, Founder & CEO, Clarip Inc.
9:00 – 10:00 am | Breakout A | Arcadia Ballroom
Reinsurance and the Global Cyber Insurance Market
- What do Insurance Carriers Look for in a Reinsurer?
- What do Reinsurers Look for in a Carrier?
- What are Some of the Concerns of Reinsurers?
- What is the best Approach to move forward?
- What Drives the Global Reinsurance Market?
Catherine Mulligan, Senior Vice President, Specialty Products, Zurich, Moderator
Kara Owens, Global Head of Cyber Risk, TransRe
Kelli Artin, Vice President, Ironshore/LIU
Ian Newman, Partner, CapsicumRe
Robert Ashton, Underwriter, Fidelis Insurance
9:00 – 10:00 am | Breakout B | Palisades BCD
Professional Services Breach: Law Firms
- Rise of the Frequency, Severity and Publicity of Incidents
- The Relationship between Professional Malpractice and Cyber Risk
- Nature of Data Handled by Law Firms
- Breach Response – Special Considerations
- Technology Failures
Bo Holland, Founder and CEO, AllClear ID
Frank Gillman, Chief Information Officer, Lewis BrisBois Bisgaard & Smith LLP
Jason Rebholz, Vice President, The Crypsis Group
Lisa Phillips, National Practice Advisor, Wells Fargo Insurance Services
Anthony Dolce, Chubb
9:00 – 10:00 am | Breakout C | Catalina Ballroom
Preventing Self-Induced Breaches: The Employee Problem
- Current Trends in Self-Induced Breaches
- Obstacles to Preventing Self-Induced Breaches
- Mitigation of Risk Throughout the Stages of the Employment Life Cycle
- Unique Problems of the Negligent Insider vs the Malicious Insider
- Developing a Workplace Culture that Protects the Organization
Philip L. Gordon, Shareholder, Co-Chair, Privacy and Background Checks Practice Group, Littler Mendelson P.C., Moderator
Brian Robb, Senior Claims Counsel, Global Cyber and Technology Claims, CNA Insurance
Erich Kron, KnowBe4
Joe DePaul, Cyber/E&O Practice Leader, Willis Towers Watson
Rob Vazquez, President and CSO, Clarium Managed Services
10:00 – 10:30 am
Sponsored by Ironshore/LIU
10:30 – 11:30 am | Breakout A | Arcadia Ballroom
PCI Compliance and the Security of Payments
- Mobile Payment Schemes like ApplePay, GooglePay and Similar
- eCommerce Shopping Carts
- Block Chain
Bobbie Goldie, Senior Vice President, North American Cyber, Chubb, Moderator
David Herron, Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, HYPERWALLET
Mark C. Mao, Partner, Troutman Sanders
David Ellis, Vice President, Security Metrics
Andy Lea, CNA
10:30 – 11:30 am | Breakout B | Palisades Salon BCD
Sector Risk: Higher Education
- Current Threat Landscape in Higher Education
- Recent Claims Data
- Unique Nature of Data handled by Educational Institutions
- Breach Response – Special Considerations
Jeffrey Batt, Vice President, Marsh, Moderator
Vernon Suckerman, Vice President, Senior Underwriter, XL Catlin
Robert Rosenzweig, Vice President, Risk Strategies
Timothy Hastings, Director, FireEye
Cheryl Lloyd, University of California
11:30 am – 12:30 pm
Modeling and Aggregation
- How Models can be used to Assess Cyber Exposures
- Consideration of the Value of Assessment Tools that can be Utilized to Assess an Insured’s (and Carrier’s) Overall Data Aggregation Exposure
- What Tools and Benchmarks Underwriters Utilize for Evaluating a Risk for Cyber Insurance Coverage
Jason Glasgow, VP E&O, Privacy & Network Security Practice Lead, Allied World
Jay Jacobs, Data Scientist, Bitsight
John Merchant, Director of Business Development, Cyence
Catherine Rudow, North America P&C SVP, Senior Underwriter Casualty, PartnerRe
Ashwin Kashyap, Symantec
**Name Badges are required to be clearly displayed throughout the program sessions and events. Especially, if you want a drink from the bar during the reception!**