The Future of Climate Change Cases, Injuries and Coverage
Recording Date: June 30, 2011
Duration: 2 hours
Click here to download the order form or call 484-324-2755.
Agenda and Speakers
• What is at issue in AEP v. Connecticut?
• Will the case be decided on standing, political question, and/or displacement of federal common law of nuisance grounds?
• How will AEP v. Connecticut affect the future of climate change litigation and other types of litigation?
• Natural resource damages (NRD) cases
• How does this case fit in with state and federal regulatory and legislative efforts and international schemes related to climate change?
• Summary of the United States Supreme Court and the Virginia State Supreme Court decisions
• Insurance coverage options for policyholders facing climate change related cases – liability and defense costs
• Typical insurance policies to be triggered and the major defenses to coverage
Christina Carroll, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
Barry Buchman, Gilbert LLP
Ira Gottlieb, McCarter & English, LLP
Benjamin Blume, Cozen O’Connor