Recording Date: April 20, 2010
Duration: 58 minutes
Self Study/Alternate Format CLE: Self-study credit may be available in AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, LA, ME, NV, NH, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV and WY for watching a video or listening to an audio recording. Refer to your state bar’s MCLE guidelines for the number of reportable credits permissible via these formats.
Purchase the Audio Package for $79!
Purchase the teleconference Audio Package (includes MP3 audio recording files and handbook on CD). To order or learn more, click here, call 484-324-2755, or email email@example.com.
Attendees get the teleconference Audio Package for 50% off!
Agenda and Speakers
Children’s Motrin-Prescribed and Over-the-Counter & the Other Drugs Causing SJS and TEN
• What is Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS) and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN)?
• What are their symptoms?
• Drugs known to cause TEN and SJS
• Prescribed treatment
• What kind of short term and long term injuries do they cause?
• Analysis of recent cases involving TEN and SJS
• Fundamental differences between the over-the-counter (OTC) and prescribed Children’s Motrin
• Label requirements for OTC vs. prescribed drugs
• What was missing from McNeil’s warnings?
• Federal preemption issues
David Kuttles, Esq., Lanier Law Firm, New York
Christopher Panatier, Esq., Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, L.L.P., Dallas
Daniel Balaban, Esq., Balaban & Spielberger, LLP, Santa Monica