A complimentary CLE-eligible webinar from LexisNexis
Live Date: January 05, 2017
Time: 2:00 P.M. EST
Duration: 95 minutes
Learn how to manage bias in the legal profession. Join the experts in this complimentary webinar.
Scientific research informs us that elimination of bias is not possible, but can be managed. Bias is an automatic instinctive human process in response to our perceptions—even in those who insist they are not biased. In this 95-minute, CLE and ethics-eligible program, learn the science behind bias and key strategies for managing and mitigating it in your legal practice and in life. Attorneys from any size organization and any practice area will benefit.
Get insight on:
- Why we still need an MCLE program on bias
- What we can learn from science about different types of bias
- In-group and out-group bias and stereotyping
- “Implicit” v. “explicit” bias
- Current examples of the effects of bias and discrimination in the legal system and larger society
- Managing bias in our personal and professional lives and the role of lawyers as leaders in addressing the effects of bias throughout society.
Myer Sankary, Esq.
Mediator/Arbitrator, Advanced Mediation and Arbitration Services
Lecturer, USC Marshall School of Business
Justin Brooks, Esq.
Law Professor, Project Director
California Innocence Project
Phyllis W. Cheng, Esq.
Mediator and Former Director
California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
Carol L. Newman, Esq.
Alleguez & Newman, LLP