Feb. 11, 2016, program in San Francisco designed for plaintiff & defense litigators
SAN FRANCISCO – August 21, 2015 – Major data breaches seem to be more routine and more severe with each new headline. In many cases these events also lead to complex litigation as sensitive information is disclosed and privacy is violated. This high stakes litigation is the subject of a new conference from HB Litigation Conferences. The Data Breach & Privacy Litigation Conference 2016 will be held on Feb. 11, 2016, in San Francisco, HB managing director Tom Hagy has announced.
The program is being chaired by professionals in the vanguard of this burgeoning area of litigation:
- Erin Nealy Cox, executive managing director with Stroz Friedberg, a leading digital forensics company.
- Eric H. Gibbs, partner with Girard Gibbs LLP, a leading plaintiff law firm.
- Thomas E. Loeser, partner, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro, also a leading plaintiff law firm.
- David A. Zetoony, partner with Bryan Cave, a leading defense firm.
Subjects covered will include:
- A Review of Recent Court Decisions. Why do some cases survive motions for summary judgment and others do not?
- A Review of Recent Settlements. How are these cases being valued? What structures and elements are being employed?
- Primary Legal Theories in Data Breach Litigation. The latest on claims of negligence, failure to comply with notification statutes, invasion of privacy, breach of fiduciary duty, and more.
- Primary Defenses in Data Breach Litigation. What goes into the defense that the breach did not cause actual harm?
- Evidence Collection. Strategies and techniques for gathering the data needed to prosecute and defend claims.
- Insurance Coverage. How comprehensive is Comprehensive General Liability Insurance? What are the provisions of cyber risk policies and are they worth it?
- Update on Government Enforcement & Regulation. What is happening at the state and federal level?
- Case Assessment. What makes a good case for plaintiffs? Defendants?
Event sponsors include:
- Gilardi & Co. LLC, leading provider of legal settlements and claims administration.
- McGriff, Seibels & Williams, Inc., one of the nation’s most progressive insurance brokerages.
- AllClear ID, provider of exceptional identity theft protection solutions.
- Veritext Legal Solutions, leading provider of court reporting and litigation technology solutions.
- eTera Consulting, leading provider of e-discovery and litigation consulting services.
- Legal Intelligencer, Philadelphia-area’s leading legal newspapers.
- The Recorder, leading San Francisco legal newspaper.
HB Litigation Conferences, an independent, provider of continuing legal education nationwide. For more information about the event, including registration information, go to https://litigationconferences.com/35252/.
(484) 324-2755 x207