Birth Defect Case Updates
Recording Date: December 17, 2009
Duration: 78 minutes
Didn’t Attend? Purchase the Teleconference Audio Package!
Purchase the Teleconference Audio Package (includes MP3 files and handbook on CD). To order or learn more, click here or contact Allison Emery at 484-324-2755 x205 or email@example.com.
Attendees get the teleconference Audio Package for 50% off!
Agenda and Speakers
• Historical overview of other Paxil-related injuries and litigations
• The alleged birth defects associated with Paxil
• FDA’s response and advisories regarding Paxil and birth defects
• Analysis of the relevant studies:
– GSK’s retrospective analysis and its finding
– Pharmacoepidemology and Drug Safety study and its findings
• The number of cases pending and damage projections
• Theories of liability, assessing case strengths and weaknesses, and distinguishing from other preexisting conditions
• The recent verdict & what it means to this litigation
• Analysis of the defenses raised: the FDA defense, the causation defense and jury reaction to GSK’s liability
Ronald Goldman, Esq., Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman, P.C., Los Angeles
Jamie Sheller, Esq., Sheller, P.C., Philadelphia
Sean Tracey, Esq., Tracey Law Firm, Houston