Date: September 23-25, 2009
Location: The Four Seasons Hotel, San Francisco
CLE Credit: This is a nationally accredited program in 40+ MCLE states, earning an average of 14-16 CLE credits, including 1 ethics credit, and 18.5 CPE credits. For more CLE information, click here.
Chairs: Joseph W. Belluck, Esq., Belluck & Fox LLP, New York; Joseph J. O’Hara, Jr., Esq., Vice President & Associate General Counsel, Owens-Illinois, Inc., Perrysburg, OH; and Michael J. Pietrykowski, Esq., Gordon & Rees, LLP, San Francisco.
Agenda and Speakers
Didn’t Attend? Get the Video Package for $499, the Audio Package for $399, or the Handbook on CD for $299!
You can still benefit from our programs!
Audio/Video recordings and handbooks are available for our conferences! Individually priced and packaged, each captures the information and insights delivered by our faculty. Hear from experts, gain new perspectives, and learn proven techniques. For more information, click here or contact Allison Emery at 484-324-2755 x205 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your copy today!
Attendees receive a 50% discount on the conference Audio Package, Video Package, or Handbook on CD!
Over 20 Companies Attended, Including:
• AEGIS Insurance Services Inc.
• Admiral Insurance Company
• American President Lines (APL)
• AMSTED Industries Inc
• Argo Group
• CNA Insurance Companies
• Farmers Insurance
• Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company
• Flintkote Company
• Garlock Inc.
• Great American Insurance
• Lancer Systems, LP
• Liberty Mutual Insurance Co.
• Pacific Gas & Electric Company – Law Dept.
• Peninsula Capital Advisors
• RiverStone Resources
• Swiss Re America Holding Corporation
• Travelers Insurance
FREE Insurance E-zine Article!
“There is no substitute for attending the HB Litigation asbestos conference – it is the most significant gathering of attorneys representing plaintiffs and defendants in asbestos cases throughout the United States. Any lawyer involved in the litigation would benefit from the free exchange of ideas and updates from experts on asbestos litigation offered by this conference. If I could attend only one conference each year, this would be the one.”–Joseph W. Belluck, Esq., Belluck & Fox LLP, New York
“My impressions about HB Litigation Conferences come from being an attendee, being a speaker, and now, being a conference co-chair….Overall, I am impressed by not only the high quality of their conferences, but also the way they go about creating their work product.”–Joseph J. O’Hara, Jr., Esq., Vice President & Associate General Counsel, Owens-Illinois, Inc., Perrysburg, OH
“As a young lawyer starting out in the asbestos litigation, I quickly learned the Mealy’s asbestos conferences (now HB Litigation) were the conferences to attend if you were serious about improving your skills and increasing your knowledge. Now, several years later (well, maybe several decades later), I do not think any differently. Whether you are a new lawyer or someone who has been around a while, the HB Litigation Asbestos Conference offers an invaluable opportunity to become a better asbestos lawyer.” —Michael J. Pietrykowski, Esq., Gordon & Rees, LLP, San Francisco
“Excellent opportunity to keep up with developments and hear all sides. Detailed presentations on new trends and what is going on in nationwide asbestos litigation. Interesting perspectives from judicial viewpoints as well. Several good networking and luncheon speaker opportunities. Also able to catch up and meet old acquaintances from past lives.”–Philip Matthews, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
Click here to see what the judges had to say in March!
Reasons to Attend
• 9 sessions with judges from key jurisdictions and the NYC special master, who will help lead the speakers and the audience in pointed discussions on issues and solutions
• Juror speaking from a recent asbestos case
• Nationally accredited program in 40+ MCLE states, earning an average of 14-16 CLE credits, including 1 ethics credit and 18.5 CPE credits!
• Multiple networking events—two receptions, an interactive business development session for women, and “plaintiff only” and “defense only” lunches—all geared toward developing key relationships and creating opportunities to do business
• The conference has a mission statement with the goal of improving the management of the litigation, solving key problems, and fostering better relationships among the bars. At the conclusion of the program, the chairs and speakers will create a conference summary and recommendations for ways to improve the system that we will share with attendees.
• This mission and judicial presence have never been offered to the asbestos community through a conference.
• It is the largest and most significant conference of plaintiff and defense asbestos attorneys in the United States!
The Chairs’ Mission Statement
We know many of the faces in this long-standing litigation very well. For better or worse, we are a family of sorts! Regardless of the side of the table, we all face similar issues and need to work together to resolve some of the reccurring problems in “our” asbestos world. Therefore, as the chairs of HB’s National Asbestos Conference, we propose that part of our program be dedicated to a discussion of possible solutions to key issues. Throughout the day, we will dedicate time to this goal, in an effort to move towards improving the litigation landscape.
Conference Venue and Hotel Accommodations
The Four Seasons Hotel is located at 757 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94103. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Cyndy Noonan directly at 484-324-2755 x201 or email@example.com. For additional information on the Four Seasons Hotel, please visit www.fourseasons.com/sanfrancisco. For driving directions and transportation information, click here.