A Complimentary CLE Accredited* Webinar
Date: May 15, 2013
Time: 2:00 pm Eastern Time
Duration: 95 minutes
• Growing use of contract lawyers and outsourcing
• Overview of legal ethics considerations re use of contact lawyers, including confidentiality
• Conflicts of interest analysis re contract lawyers
• Identifying conflicts of interest
• Curing conflicts
• Using screens, including special considerations re contact lawyers
• How to avoid conflict imputation from a contract lawyer to a law firm and disqualification
• What does it mean for a lawyer to be “associated with a firm”?
• The use of contract lawyers by the government
• The impact of the conflicts rules on lawyer mobility in and out of working for the government
• Conclusion and recommendations
Legal Ethics and Legal Profession
Charles W. Delaney Jr. Professor of Law
B.A., LL.B., 1997, Tel-Aviv University
LL.M., 1998, S.J.D., 2001, Harvard University
Ellen C. Yaroshefsky
Clinical Professor of Law
Director, Jacob Burns Center for Ethics in the Practice of Law
*CLE is approved or in the process of approval for the mandatory CLE states listed below for 1.5 hours of CLE credit. Of these, 1.5 qualify as hours of general, participatory, or skills credit, 0 qualify for hours of law office management, and 0 qualify for hours of ethics/professionalism.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico†, New York†, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
†Only experienced NY attorneys may take Webinar training for CLE. New York and New Mexico regulation requires that all CLE sessions must be conducted by an attorney in good standing or a JD. The presenter for this event meets this New York and New Mexico regulation. Contact the LexisNexis CLE group directly at CLE.firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about eligibility requirements and for further details on CLE paperwork.