Audio Package $149
You can still benefit from our programs!
Audio recordings are available for our teleconferences! Individually priced and packaged, each recording captures the information and insights delivered by our faculty. Listen to experts, gain new perspectives, and learn proven techniques.
Agenda and Speakers
Square Pegs & Round Holes: Update on State Attorney General Litigation Against Manufacturers of Atypical Antipsychotic Medications
– The Class Action Fairness Act and other factors dampening plaintiff’s lawyers enthusiasm for traditional class actions
• Private attorney-led Attorney General lawsuits as an alternative for plaintiffs lawyers: the Tobacco Model
• Problems with the Tobacco Model’s portability in state AG lawsuits targeting second-generation antipsychotics
– Overview: AG Litigation
– Update on discovery issues presented by AG litigation
– Specific challenges to the viability of State AG actions
• FDA approval and regulation
• Use of Atypical Antipsychotics in Psychiatric Practice and Continued Use and Reimbursement by State/Medicaid Plaintiffs
• Causation: complex psychotic disorders, case-by- case physician decision-making and related discovery issues
• Damages: the debate over models for aggregation
Barry Boise, Esq., Pepper Hamilton LLP, Philadelphia
Stephen Brody, Esq., O’Melveny & Myers, LLP, Washington, D.C.