LexisNexis® Presents a Complimentary CLE-Accredited Webinar:
Oil and Gas Leasing Disputes and Solutions
As hydraulic fracturing operations in the Marcellus shale region and other shale formations throughout the country become more and more prevalent, more issues with lease agreements between energy companies and landowners are beginning to arise. Attend this free webinar and learn about some of the special components of these lease agreements, how to avoid common pitfalls and best practices for negotiating the best terms possible for your client. Also learn the basics of hydraulic fracturing, how royalties are calculated, special issues for tax sale properties and much more during this complimentary webinar presented by LexisNexis.
• How is gas extracted from shale?
• The basic lease agreement dissected.
• Royalties vs. delay payments – why are delay payments a problem for landowners?
• “Automatic termination” rules and others helping landowners out of delay situations.
• Clauses limiting industry risks involving delay payments and relevant case law.
• Net back royalty calculation vs. point of sale royalty calculation – state law issues, recent decisions and future impacts.
• The Repudiation Doctrine and Accommodation Doctrine.
• Special issues involving tax sale properties.
• Best practices for dealing with standard form contracts – attorney review, Pugh Clauses, etc.
The experts will also answer your questions on this important topic.
Click here for more information or to register.