Recording Date: September 9, 2009
Duration: 98 minutes
Purchase the Audio Package $149
Purchase the Teleconference Audio Package (includes MP3 files and handbook on CD). To order or learn more, click here or contact Allison Emery at 484-324-2755 x205 or email@example.com.
Attendees get the teleconference Audio Package for 50% off!
Agenda and Speakers
Global Warming Update and Insurance Liability Discussion
• Overview of climate change litigation and weather-related losses
• The 2007 Supreme Court ruling, the EPA’s recent finding on greenhouse gas dangers to public health and welfare, and its impact on new legislation and project risk management
• What kind of coverage disputes are arising in this area? At what numbers and what are the results?
• How is the insurance industry adapting to the consequences of climate change and what are the financial implications?
• The impact of the NAIC disclosure requirement
– What actions can carriers take to respond to their risks?
– How much of the insurance industry will be affected by the requirement?
– How will carriers engage and educate their policyholders per the requirement?
– The investment disclosure requirement and what will be likely change in investment strategies?
Svend Brandt-Erichsen, Esq., Marten Law Group PLLC, Seattle
Lisa Cirando, Esq., Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, New York
Robert Kole, Esq., Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP, Boston
William Stewart, Esq., Cozen O’Connor, West Conshohocken, PA