In-house counsel at insurance carriers and policyholder companies are invited to attend four programs in New York City on some of the most urgent topics they face today, HB CEO Tom Hagy announced. While open to attorneys and others for a fee, the programs are free to a limited number of in-house counsel, Hagy said.
This program features six in-house counsel and a keynote by the senior sanctions advisor with the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control. Topics include: Dodd-Frank; anti bribery and corruption; mergers & acquisitions; trade sanctions; data privacy; audits; e-discovery; and arbitration.
• Art Coleman, Citadel Group and Chairman of the Association of Insurance & Reinsurance Run-Off Companies (AIRROC)
• Rick Rosenblum, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss & Feld
• Wendy Shapss, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting
This program features mock oral arguments with judges and mediators. Topics include: All sums versus pro rata allocation; applying all sums to complex insurance programs; what happens after the “spike”?; and best practices in courtroom persuasion.
• Seth Tucker, Partner, Covington & Burling
• Mary Licari, Partner, Bates Carey Nicolaides LLP
• Scott Godes, Counsel, Dickstein Shapiro LLP
• Timothy Delahunt, Partner, Kenney Shelton Liptak Nowak LLP
A panel of attorneys and industry executives will educate attendees about the fidelity bond and crime coverage marketplace; handling and investigating claims; juror dynamics; coverage elements; cyber risk; bankruptcy; and subrogation. One panel will present perspectives from in-house and outside counsel.
• Matthew J. Schlesinger, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
• Michael R. Davisson, Partner, Sedgwick LLP
HB is a leading provider of certified legal education conferences on insurance, reinsurance and torts. For more information, registration and discounts, contact Brownie Bokelman at 484-324-2755 x212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow HB’s (Re)Insurance Industry Outlook
Follow HB’s All Sums, Reallocation and Settlement Credits Conference
Follow HB’s Additional Insured and Indemnification Issues Conference
Follow HB’s Fidelity Bond and Crime Coverage Conference