Safe Strategies for Commercial, Product Liability, Business & Insurance Attorneys
Date: December 8, 2009
Time: 2:00-3:40 pm ET
CLE Credit: 1.5-2.0 ETHICS credits, depending on state requirements.View the CLE credit details.
Didn’t Attend? Purchase the Teleconference Audio Package!
Attendees get the teleconference Audio Package for 50% off!
Agenda and Speakers
• Settlement 101 (Model Rules 1.2, 1.3, 1.4)
• Bluffing, Puffing, and Lying to Your Opponent (Model Rules 3.1, 3.4, 4.1)
• “Candor” in Settlement Conference with Judge, Arbitrator, and Mediator (Model Rules 3.1, 3.3)
• Conflicts in the Resolution of Class Actions and Multi-Party Claims (Model Rule 1.7)
• Practice Restrictions and Other Impermissible Settlement Obligations (Model Rules 1.5, 1.8, 5.6)
• Confidentiality and Reporting Misconduct (Model Rules 8.2, 8.3, 8.4)
John Koski, Esq., Partner & General Counsel, Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP, Chicago
Sally Davis, Corporate Counsel, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Racine, WI
Liza Franklin, Esq., Chief Assistant Corporation Counsel, City of Chicago Department of Law, Chicago