A LexisNexis® Complimentary CLE Accredited* Webinar
Law firms of all sizes benefit from the advent of “cloud computing” and data hosting technologies. These services provide enormous cost-saving advantages, as well as encourage increased client engagement and provide better opportunities for backing up and storing information. Cloud computing and data hosting are essential tools in ensuring business continuity, backing up files and creating redundancy. As business development tools, these technologies can improve office set up times, network updating and offer important advantages to the legal field.
However, as with many game-changing technologies, cloud computing and data sharing raise a host of ethical and legal issues. This webinar will foster lively discussion among legal experts on important topics for attorneys on issues such as the ethics of cost-sharing between law firms and clients. Also, the esteemed panel will discuss how you can address new confidentiality issues brought about by the technology, as well as the current state of the law.
• The nexus between electronically stored information (ESI) of clients and firms
• Why firms of all sizes benefit from moving data into the cloud – or out of the firm’s infrastructure
• Individual case impacts
• Practice benefits – Decreased costs & productivity growth=increased profitability
• Transitioning ESI costs from overhead to disbursement costs
• Ethical concerns: cost sharing and confidentiality
• Can you share cloud computing and data hosting costs with the client?
• What needs to be in your engagement letter regarding costs?
• Confidentiality issues & relevant ABA and State Bar Opinions
*For registration details and CLE information, visit the registration page.