Recording Date: August 16, 2011
Duration: 1 hr 40 min
Click here to download the order form or call 484-324-2755.
Agenda and Speakers
• Vaginal Mesh 411-Product Uses (prolapse & incontinence), Who are the Manufacturers, and other Relevant Device Details
• Balancing Device Benefits vs. Patient Complications
• The Statistics: Client Demographics & Claim Numbers
• Understanding the Nature of the Injury, Damage Calculations, etc.
• Client Screening, Potential Causation Issues/Confounding Factors, and Important Client Intake Concerns
• Settlement Opportunities
• Litigation Update & The Meaning of Recent FDA Warnings
• How Device Approval Differs from Drug Approval and How that Factors into these Cases – What is “Substantially Similar” under FDA Guidelines?
Vance Andrus, Andrus Hood & Wagstaff PC
Douglass Kreis, Aylstock, Witkin, Kreis & Overholtz, P.L.C.
Henry Garrard, III, Blasingame Burch Garrard Ashley PC
Fred Thompson, III, Motley Rice LLC